jeff on 6 Dec 2006 05:00:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Unexplained system restarts - maybe the screensaver ?

George Langford wrote:
Recently (since the last apt-get udate & apt-get upgrade) my debian/sarge
PC has been crashing (rebooting) from screensaver mode.  This happens if
I leave the monitor on and stop all activity on the 'puter.  First, the
screensaver starts up, but after a while it times out and the animations
stop.  The crashes seem to happen some time after that.  This is a new

if this were a case of you running the Redmond Menace, I'd turn off power-saving on it and any software (incl savers). Have you tried killing the saver and checking for the crash?

Hopefully it's that simple.