Malcolm J Harwood on 6 Dec 2006 05:20:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CD-Text to CDDB conversions

On Monday 04 December 2006 10:54, Art Alexion wrote:

> Does anyone know of anything that reads CD-Text from an audio CD and allows
> saving to a local cddb?

> I have a lot of audio CDs that are not on freedb.org and would like to use
> disc-cover to make covers for them.  Disc-cover reads local or online cddb,
> but not CD-Text.

If you're using KDE, just sticking the disc in and opening "audiocd:/" in
konqueror will populate ~/.cddb from freedb.org. I don't have any CDs that
have cd-text but aren't in the database so I don't know if it will do what
you need, but it could be worth trying.