CJ Fearnley on 13 Dec 2006 04:45:48 -0000

[PLUG] Volunteer sought to help coordinate Greater Philadelphia LUGs

Greetings,

With the phenomenal growth of Linux in recent years, I think PLUG and
the other LUGs in the Greater Delaware Valley have an opportunity to
help the masses now streaming toward Linux.  But how to do it?  What are
your ideas?

One idea I had is to find a volunteer to help the various LUGs in the
Delaware Valley coordinate a little better.  One idea that I mentioned at
the last PLUG Central meeting was to have a "Speaker's Circuit" whereby
the local LUGs could share speakers.  Perhaps the volunteer could help
build other synergies among the LUGs?

Here are some starter ideas that a Greater Delaware Valley LUG coordinator
might consider:
 - Help each LUG get speakers by putting LUG coordinators in touch with those
   who presented at other LUGs (e.g., establish a local speaker's circuit)
 - Pass announcements of each LUG's activities to the other LUGs so that we
   can each promote each other's activities
 - Organize discussions or meetings among the LUG coordinators / volunteers
 - Take initiatives with your own ideas!
 - Request, listen to, and pursue ideas from the mailing list membership

Would you be interested in helping to strengthen the growing network
of Greater Delaware Valley LUGs along these or similar lines of your
own design?

If so, drop me a note.

Thanks,
CJ Fearnley
PLUG Central, Meeting Facilitator / Emcee

--
CJ Fearnley                 |   LinuxForce Inc.
cjf@LinuxForce.net          |   President & CEO