Jeff Watson on 8 Dec 2006 18:01:43 -0000

[PLUG] Slackware Ruby Horrorshow

I recently installed slackware 11 on my system. I installed ruby gems and rails, and when i tried to require anything in ruby i get an error saying that the gem doesnt exist. i thought maybe the included package had some problems so i recompiled ruby to 1.8.5 from scratch, reinstalled gems and rails, and the same thing happens. Any one else here using Ruby who has had similar setup issues? Thanks in advance. Google tells me that 1.8.5 breaks things on slackware, buti had to try it anyway since apparently the included 1.8.4 package wasn't doing any better.

              -Jeff Watson
              -RedGibson@Gmail.com