Dan Widyono on 19 Dec 2006 22:26:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Samba Printing to an HP Deskjet

That doesn't look like it's conflicting with the old RPM.  It's apparently
missing some required other RPM's.  I suggest you take a look into using an
appropriate (for CentOS) YUM repository which has samba 3.0.4 or later.  YUM,
and good YUM repository maintainers like Dag Wieers (dag.wieers.com) and Axel
Thimms (atrpms.net), handle extraneous RPM requirements for you.
/etc/yum.repos.d/* and man yum.

The alternative is to manually discover which RPM's supply the functions
needed, download those RPM's and install them all.  This used to be referred
to as "RPM dependency hell".  Don't go there.

Regards,
Dan W.