Ottey, Daniel William on 20 Dec 2006 13:41:38 -0000

[PLUG] Remote Printing Question

Title: Remote Printing Question

Here is my situation.  I am on a Windows XP PC that has a printer configured - either connected directly (USB) or available on my network.

I SSH (using Putty) into a Linux server which has no printer attached or configured.  It also has no direct network access to my printer.

I do not have root privileges on the Linux server.

Is there any way that I can print to my printer from the Linux server?  My hope is that there is some feature available similar to the resource sharing now available in Terminal Server / Remote Desktop in Windows.

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Daniel W. Ottey           Office  610.648.2285
Unisys Corporation        Mobile  267.254.8527
Linux Systems Group          Fax  610.695.5060