Jeff Abrahamson on 22 Dec 2006 08:59:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] University city high speed internet

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 08:01:58PM -0500, Jonathan Bringhurst wrote:
>   [18 lines, 132 words, 920 characters]  Top characters: _enitorl
>
> I'm in the market for getting some sort of DSL or cable (no dial up,
> and using an open wireless AP is annoying) for my apartment right
> near Clark Park (by 43rd and Baltimore near university city).
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Cavtel or Verizon DSL in the
> area? I currently don't have a phone line and just rely on my mobile
> (So there's no checking to see how far the CO is) or cable TV (don't
> want it).
>
> My current line of thought is to go with Verizon and get a base
> price land line with just basic 911 service and their DSL line, but
> I'm open to see what's out there. Any ideas?

I'm using speakeasy.net at 44 & Pine.  Static IP, don't need to by a
land line, great customer support, they're ok with linux, running
services, etc.  speakeasy.net

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287