Doug Crompton on 4 Jan 2007 03:41:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] University city high speed internet

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Matt Ayres wrote:

> I'm not sure on home connections, but business accounts are allowed
> servers (and 5 static IP's). I don't use it for servers though so I
> can't verify any information on if there are any hidden restrictions.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

How much do you pay for Verizon Business FIOS? and what is the datarate?

The problem is that Verizon charges outrages rates for business vs. home
the last time I checked. I have it all available here in Richboro and I
have been getting the mailings and calls regularly but so far I have not
budged from my DCAnet DSL, which has been great and has no restrictions.

The other problem with going FIOS is that to get any kind of a good deal
you have to take a package which would include phone/data/tv service. I
already have my verizon copper phone to a minimum and am using voip and
for TV I have direct TV which works great for me.

In reality the options are going down not up. The day will come when you
may only have comcast or verizon as options and that stinks! For those of
us that like to play without restrictions the only option might be the
more expensive business class.

If I could just get a highspeed unrestricted pipe to the internet and my
direct TV I would be happy!

Doug