K.S. Bhaskar on 4 Jan 2007 12:17:35 -0000

[PLUG] Looking for hardcore system software engineers / computer scientists

In my group at Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE: FIS; http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com), we develop GT.M (http://www.sanchez-gtm.com ), which combines a high performance transaction processing database engine with a compiler for a scripting language.  An order of magnitude faster than off-the-shelf brand name database engines, it is in production at the largest core processing system for a commercial bank that we know of that is in production anywhere in the world.  We have also developed unique logical multi site functionality for continuity of business in the face of not just unplanned events like system crashes but even unplanned events such as upgrades, including upgrades where the schema can change.  The implementation of GT.M on x86 GNU/Linux is released as free / open source software under the GPL (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm where it is routinely one of the most active few percent of projects), and is seeing increasing use in health care applications.

We are looking for hardcore system software engineers / computer scientists to join the team.  The ideal candidate would have a Master's in Computer Scientist with a thesis or other significant work (e.g., OS kernels, or compiler internals).  The job involves a lot of work with algorithms and hands on software development (mostly C on UNIX/Linux).  For example, we implement our own semaphores, and unusually for database engines, we use optimistic concurrency control to implement ACID transactions, rather than resorting to record locking, which is a pessimistic algorithm.

We are located in Malvern, PA, about 25 miles northwest of Philadelphia (just down the road from where PLUG West meets, for those who know the area)>

If you fit the bill, or know anyone who does, please send me e-mail at work, ks.bhaskar@fnf.com.  I promise a response to every resume sent to me, and I will be one of the interviewers for every successful candidate.  Since we are a small team, and every member must carry his/her own weight, you can expect the interviews to be as challenging and thought provoking as the work itself.

Regards
-- Bhaskar