Stephen Gran on 22 Jan 2007 19:16:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] /etc/exim4/email-addresses

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:51:40PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> Exim4 provides a mechanism (/etc/exim4/email-addresses) for rewriting
> local addresses on send.  I'd like to do the same thing for an entire
> domain due to a lame but ongoing problem with a particular ISP.
> Basically, I want to say
>
>     @orange.fr: @wanadoo.fr
>
> I'm getting a bit lost in exim4 configuration language.  Anyone know
> how to do this?

In your config file, locate the bit that begins
begin rewrite

and after the line for /etc/email-addresses, add
*@orange.fr $1@wanadoo.fr Ffrs

Test with
exim4 -d+rewrite -bhc 127.0.0.1 -C temp.conf

and go through an smtp session:
EHLO localhost
MAIL FROM:<jeff@orange.fr>
RCPT TO:<steve@lobefin.net>