Matthew Rosewarne on 25 Jan 2007 21:37:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] large file transfer

I actually set it up to run off my father's laptop, so his clients could
securely send him large files.  The overhead is small enough that he doesn't
even notice when transfers occur.  Unless you'd expect to have lots of people
transferring things all the time, you could probably just run it on your
desktop.  Just add the accounts and allow outside connections to port 22 on
your machine.  If you don't like the idea of relying on logins & passwords,
you can use SSH keys without too much trouble.

FYI, for quick secure passwords, use a tool like pwgen.