gyoza on 26 Jan 2007 00:52:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] large file transfer

jeff wrote:
gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
Is there something better than FTP for "civilians" to transfer up to gigabytes of files? This would be used for business to business transfers of image files.

what does `better than FTP' mean to you? I'm not being a wiseass (for once)... it's just that Internet Exploder is an FTP client. If they have an in-house Windows web server, they have a potential FTP site, so FTPing isn't that big a deal.

The client needs to be able to send. Does IE do that? Hmm... I wonder if it works on Macs. It's highly likely that the clients will be on OS X and Windows.

I'm going to build a Linux-based FTP server for testing.