Doug Crompton on 5 Feb 2007 18:57:58 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Best solution for Audio files

Ops, did not read you message correctly ... I see that was not your
problem it is burning m4a. My question would be can the (a) CD player
decode m4a?

Doug

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Jeff Watson wrote:

> Hello List! I have many many (dont we all) .m4a encoded sound files. They
> play fine in amarok, and I can put them on my iPod no problem. The issue is
> that i cannot burn a CD in graveman with m4a files. It will let me burn
> mp3's. What would you say is the best format to keep my audio in that will
> let me burn to disc, use with my ipod, and retain sound quality? I don't
> think ogg will play on an iPod. :-| And also, is it really wise to put my
> entire music collection through some horrible conversion process?
> (m4a->mp3...) wouldn't there be significant data loss, etc?
>
> Synopsis!
> I need an audio format that is "standard", works on ipod, and wont be
> horrible.
> Don't know if mp3 is a format i should stick with (legality/format issues
> perhaps pending in the future)
>
>                     -Jeff

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *