John Lavin on 23 Feb 2007 02:17:20 -0000

[PLUG] problems delivering e-mail to verizon domain

Hey All-

Been a long time since I posted, my servers running quite smoothly
allowing me to be busy with other things, when sometime earlier this
month, e-mails seem to have stopped being delivered from my domain/ip to
verizon's network.

I've checked their "whitelist" website here:
http://www.verizon.net/whitelist

... and they report I'm not on it.

An example from exim's mainlog is as follows:
2007-02-19 20:30:28 some_valid_email@verizon.net T=remote_smtp defer (0):
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<ccrs-bounces+some_valid_email=verizon.net@lists.wayreth.net> SIZE=3528:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 450 Requested mail action not
taken-Try later:sv26pub.verizon.net

I'm seeing dozens of these entries, and each subsequent retry fails.
Has verizon done something different with GreyListing?  Do I need to do
something special with retries for them?  From exim.conf, I have the
following (default I think) retry setting:

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,2h,1.5; F,4d,8h

I'm not an exim expert, so I'm not sure what else I can provide here to
help debug.  Has anyone else seen this odd behavior?

Regards,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin@linuxtech.com>

We must all acknowledge that however great our power, we must deny
ourselves the freedom of doing whatever we want. --Harry Truman