Stephen Gran on 27 Feb 2007 01:36:57 -0000

Re: [PLUG] trying to use dun with a treo 650 with on fedora core 6 ppc

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:17:08PM -0500, Michael Lazin said:
> I am trying to use gnome-ppp to use dial up networking on a powerbook which
> is a dual boot fedora core 6 and mac os x, and a Treo 650.  I don't know
> which device is the bluetooth device.  I have all the appropriate blue
> tooth software installed and can detect my Treo 650 with hci-tool.  Anyone
> done this before?  Any idea which device in /dev is the bluetooth adapter?
> This works fine in os x.

I've only played with this once, but my memory was that you have to
first bind the bluetooth device to a serial device.  Something like:

sdptool search DUN
hcitool scan

Figure out what device you want to use, then:
rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 MAC CHANNEL

MAC and CHANNEL will need to be figured out from your earlier probes.
The you can just use /dev/rfcomm0 as your modem and do normal ppp over
it.
|  Stephen Gran                  | * bma is a yank * Knghtbrd is a         |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Knghtbrd * dhd is also a yank * Espy is |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | evil * Knghtbrd believes Espy           |