gabriel rosenkoetter on 6 Mar 2007 04:58:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Daylight Savings Time

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:49:02AM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Just to point out:
> $ perl -e 'my $time = localtime(time()); print "$time\n";'
> Mon Mar  5 20:44:03 2007
>
> Is much less typing.  localtime() gives the same output as strftime %c
> when forced into scalar context.

Grumble. And that even works under use strict. ("my" is a habit I
eschew on the command line.)

I make a(nother) habit of mistrusting implicit typing... but this
is a case where it's the only thing that makes sense in context. I
must remember that Perl rewards the lazy more often than I expect
it to.

> Damn, sorry about that.  It was current when I checked.

Oh, I'd wager they changed it about three times since you posted
originally, most recently three days ago. .gov and all...

> > All the cool kids may just be living by UTC within the
> > next decade.)
> I've decided to move to the UK and try out this UTC thing half time.

Enjoy!

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net