Art Alexion on 12 Mar 2007 15:26:24 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ghostscript and Multiple Printers duh...

On Sunday 11 March 2007 21:18, Douglas Lentz wrote:
> My Photosmart appears to support native printing of .jpgs
>
> lpr -P Photosmart myfile.jpg
>

> works.
>
> Sorry for bugging everyone.

You may also want to try to change drivers.  The foomatic drivers designed for
older versions of ghostscript seem really out of date these days, and don't
even do a good job with older printers that worked well before.  (e.g.  I
have an Epson Stylus Color 740 that worked fine with Red Hat 7.x foomatic,
but printed terribly with Kubuntu.  I tried all of the adjustments and only
burnt through ink and paper.  Installing the gutenprint drivers solved it
all.)  I haven't used Red Hat since the introduction of yum, and don't know
the package names.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @