Art Alexion on 13 Mar 2007 11:23:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT - Get your cellphone service form Comcast!

On Monday 12 March 2007 17:48, Mag Gam wrote:
> "Philadelphia-based Comcast Corp., the nation's largest cable TV operator,
> is expanding its cell phone service this year beyond its two test markets
> in Boston and Portland"
> Not fair ;-)
>
> On 3/12/07, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> > Just what we need -
> >
> > http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/103-03122007-1312883.html

Cingular is becoming AT&T.*
Before that, Cingular bought AT&T.
Before that Cingular was Cellular One.
Before that Cellular One was ... Comcast.
Before that Comcast was Comcast Metrophone.
Before that Comcast Metrophone was Metrophone.

Does any of this matter?

*One of the ironies here is that Cingular got trashed in an early 2006
Consumer Reports article because of the unhappiness of former AT&T customers
who were still on the unmerged AT&T system.  These "AT&T" customers were so
unhappy, they pushed Cingular to the bottom even though "Cingular" customers
were among the happiest.  AT&T has been "troubled", to say the least, lately.
Few consumers under 35 remember AT&T (and Bell Labs) as the apparently
competent monolith.  So why does Cingular want to associate itself with a
failed brand?

If I understood all of this, I would be rich enough to have servants typing my
emails.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @