Art Alexion on 13 Mar 2007 11:28:37 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT - Get your cellphone service form Comcast!

On Monday 12 March 2007 21:18, Toby DiPasquale wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:38:55PM -0400, jeff wrote:
> > That's same great service - from that same great monopoly ....
> > Now in CELLPHONES!!!
> >

> > I dunno about you, but my life is now complete.
>
> Well, the service will probably not improve, but the entry of the cable
> companies into the cell market will probably lower prices. At least until
> things settle down.

Don't bet on it.  IME per minute prices have dropped over the years giving the
illusion of lower overall prices, but more obscure charges have more than
made up for that.  Phone hardware is subsidized less.  Contracts have all
kinds of hidden charges.  (Sprint didn't even have contracts when it first
entered the market.)

Will Comcast be GSM or CMDA?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net