jadoba on 13 Mar 2007 13:13:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT - Get your cellphone service form Comcast!

jeff <jeffv@op.net> said:

> Cel phone plans all seem to be magically close, pricewise.

I picked T-Mobile because they have the cheapest plans for both data and
minutes as well as average customer service. I've been told that Verizon
has the best service record, and I know they use CDMA/EVDO which is a
bit faster than GPS/GPRS/EDGE (EVDO being just a few dozen times
faster) But still, I picked T-Mobile because their data package is
unlimited for a small price, while Verizon has the most expensive plans
that I have seen (compared to verizon, my service was $10 less for 150
more minutes and free nights/weekends)

> Cel service, for the most part, sucks.

I agree, and I wish someone would come up with a better solution. Not
too long ago, I was listening to a friend (MCSE) who was thinking out
loud about how "it is just 'accepted' by people that cell phones will
not live up to expectations. They will fail to function properly, drop
connections, crash... they're simply inferior to other forms of
technology" to which I retorted "Yeah, kind of like Windows."

> Right before the Flying Spaghetti Monster returns in his flaming pirate
> ship, the final combatants left on earth, I suspect, will be Comcast and
> Verizon.  The final battle will probably be over who has the worst
> customer relations AND service.
>
> I'd hate to be the one judging THAT match.

I don't know about that battle being final, but it surely will be fought
inside our wallets.