Matthew Rosewarne on 20 Mar 2007 21:53:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Educational Languages

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 17:25, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> I'll gladly answer any questions about it.  Disclosure of interest: I
> manage GT.M, the implementation of MUMPS available under GPL from Source
> Forge.
This language certainly looks powerful, but it doesn't really seem to suit the
goals I'm aiming for.  Pascal already works quite well, but its main problems
are lack of OOP and scarce use, neither of which would appear to be solved
with this language.  Also, databases are quite a bit more advanced than
anything I'd want to see taught in a first-year programming class.  Thanks
for the advice though!