Art Alexion on 27 Mar 2007 20:01:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Double Layer CDs on Linux

On Thursday 15 March 2007 17:03, cgustafs@voicenet.com wrote:
> With regards to burning dual-layer DVDs with k3b, all I can say is that
> I've done it (once). I had created an .iso from a commercial video, using
> k3b, and then burned that iso to a dual-layer disc again using k3b. Batting
> 1 for 1. So, it can be done, the details, I can't say for sure. The actual
> burning software runs with root permissions (suid root), fwiw.
>
> k3b ver. 0.12.17
> cdrecord (wodim) ver. 2.1.1a03
> cdrdao ver. 1.2.2
> groisofs ver. 7.0.1
>
> So, not much help, but it can be done.

I just successfully burned a double layer DVD with a VIDEO_TS structure.  The
problem that I was having before invoved burning a double layer ISO.

I think the culprit is growisofs.

Your version 7.0.1
My version 5.21
(Kubuntu Dapper)
Same version of k3b.  I don't know why my version is that much older than
yours.  I'll have to figure a way to upgrade it without breaking other
things.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @