sean finney on 30 Mar 2007 07:22:34 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Help with Apache PHP

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 01:05 -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:

> Should I not be able to create the following....
<snip>
> and save it as test.html on my server and see the results if it is
> working?

most likely not, unless you've configured your server to serve up all
pages as php pages.  typically you have a line like:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

as part of your apache/php configuration, which tells the server that
the module should handle files ending in .php/.phtml. you could always
append a .html to that list, but that would set you up for some nasty
headaches later if you ever try to migrate away from php, and it'd
probably slow your webserver down quite a bit.

	sean