Brian Stempin on 30 Mar 2007 14:50:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Help with Apache PHP

  • From: "Brian Stempin" <brian.stempin@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Help with Apache PHP
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:49:58 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

whoops, minor mistake, <% is sometimes called the ASP tag, not <?.  my mistake.

On 3/30/07, Brian Stempin < brian.stempin@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded the PHP source and obtained the default, untainted php.ini file.  The following is a snippet:

; Allow the <? tag.  Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
; NOTE: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or
; libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP
; servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not
; be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code,
; be sure not to use short tags.
short_open_tag = On

By default, 'short open' tag (sometimes referred to as an ASP tag) is on.  Perhaps this should be checked?  At any rate, I think it might be a good idea to open the php code with <?php just to test.