Art Alexion on 20 Apr 2007 13:26:55 -0000

[PLUG] vmware server: networking and clipboard

I am looking for help or documentation for configuring vmware networking.  I
have not been able to find anything useful myself.

host = ubuntu 6.06 (dapper)
vm = w2k pro
on host, eth0 = lan, eth1 = dsl modem

The first time I set this up, the vm was accessing the internet but not the
lan.  I had to delete the vm and recreate.  Now it seems to access neither.
I am having trouble figuring this out from the documentation provided on the
vmware site.

It seems that I need to set up some sort of virtual lan between the host and
the vm in order to share files and access the clipboard between the two.
Again, I can't figure this out from the documentation provided on the vmware
site.

Any help, or a good URL, will be most appreciated.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @