Elizabeth Bevilacqua on 28 Apr 2007 00:29:52 -0000

[PLUG] The PLUG Website

Hey folks,

I've been working with Mike Toren and Paul Snyder over the past few
months keeping the PLUG website up to date with Central, West and Montco
Meeting information.

Now we'd like to move forward with developing other sections of the
website. For now we're just redeveloping existing sections. We're not
looking to do some dramatic overhaul as there is a lot of value in the
basic design, but there is a lot of out-dated information.

The GPG section is under development (a ton of thanks to Matthew
Rosewarne who has written up an amazing draft). The new one will be
launched within the next few days. Old data will be moved to a
historical section.

For the "Pictures" page (http://www.phillylinux.org/pics/) we're looking
for people to submit pictures they have taken at meetings if anything
and volunteer to take pictures in the future. This weekend I'll be
updating it with photos I have and Paul has some photos from PLUG West
that he intends to post.

We're also looking for people to keep a count of how many people show up
at a meeting, specifically for PLUG Central. We feel it's valuable to
keep track and it looks good on the website to have big numbers of
attendees.

And now the fun part - because I feel there is a lot of value in it,
I've made a commitment to maintain the "Members' Addresses, Resumes &
Pictures" section (http://www.phillylinux.org/members.html). I've
developed the following process for this:

1. People on the list who are interestse email me: their public email
address, link to their resume, website, photo, whatever else you want on
the site. I'll poll the list once or twice a year requesting additions.

2. Each year I will email everyone on the page to see if they are still
in the area and if they need updates/additions.

Right now I ask that if you're interested you check out the page as is
and drop me a line off-list with your information to be added. I'm going
to try to contact everyone on the current page to find out about their
status. I know for a fact that at least 4 people on that page don't even
live around here anymore.

While we have this discussion open, I'd also like to welcome other ideas
and suggestions for static content. Just keep in mind that we want to
keep the site pretty basic, so web 2.0 stuff isn't really an option.

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz@PrincessLeia.com