Matthew Rosewarne on 28 Apr 2007 00:52:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] The PLUG Website

On Friday 27 April 2007 20:29, Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:
> Now we'd like to move forward with developing other sections of the
> website. For now we're just redeveloping existing sections. We're not
> looking to do some dramatic overhaul as there is a lot of value in the
> basic design, but there is a lot of out-dated information.

Although the idea is to not change the site too fundamentally, might it be
possible to wikify some areas?  The wiki approach would make certain
sections, like the upcoming meetings, much easier to work with.

> We're also looking for people to keep a count of how many people show up
> at a meeting, specifically for PLUG Central. We feel it's valuable to
> keep track and it looks good on the website to have big numbers of
> attendees.

It might be a good idea to have a sort of "guestbook" page.  For instance,
someone wishing to come to a meeting could add their name and/or email to a
list of attendees.  What would be even better would be a way to integrate
this into the keysigning process, so people could attach a key and use a
list-based keysigning process instead of the current one.

> While we have this discussion open, I'd also like to welcome other ideas
> and suggestions for static content. Just keep in mind that we want to
> keep the site pretty basic, so web 2.0 stuff isn't really an option.

Hoorah!  It's good to see *somebody* can resist the fad to make everything
animated/translucent.

Also, what is the status of that inter-group portal-ish thing that was
introduced in the last Central meeting?  That seems like a very promising
idea.