Matthew Rosewarne on 12 May 2007 21:50:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] May 14th, 2007: "Building Debian Packages" (and keysigning)

The main part of the presentation will cover packaging basics and making
packages from sources that use GNU make & GNU Autotools (the
usual "./configure", "make", "make install" routine).

Other kinds of packages can also be covered, but there won't be enough time
for all of them.

The contestants (in order of length):
	-Python modules (longest)
	-Ruby modules
	-Perl modules
	-Qt applications
	-KDE applications (shortest)

	I can also do a full walkthrough of any kind of package that gets covered.

It's up to the audience to choose , so think of what you would want to hear
about beforehand.  That way we can spend less time deciding and get on with
the show!