Greg Helledy on 18 May 2007 04:03:14 -0000

[PLUG] Re: xorg's missing modules on upgrade

Ok.  I had thought of trying dpkg-reconfigure on xorg and
xserver-xorg-core, but I guess I missed xserver-xorg.  I had found dexconf
and run it but without running through the configuration routine it
produced a useless xorg.conf.

So, dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg produced an xorg.conf, but it locked up
the machine on boot.  Maybe it's because I chose an option for
framebuffer.  I killed that version of the file and ran it again, and then
ran the kanotix script to install the nvidia driver.  Joy!  (Of course,
it's a beta driver, typical).  After some brief wrestling with kdmrc, I am
back in business and listening to my tunes with amarok.

I plan to keep my machine this way and let it slowly evolve into Debian
over time, which is what I did with my previous machine, starting with a
Libranet install in 2002.

Thanks for the help!
Greg Helledy

--
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
and notify GRA, Inc. (postmaster@gra-inc.com) immediately. Please advise