sean finney on 28 May 2007 06:29:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux (Debian) and raid

On Monday 28 May 2007 05:58:43 Doug Crompton wrote:
> What I want is a reliable system and it seems that adding raid, while
> solving one problem, might create a few others and make the overall path
> to recovery more, rather than, less difficult unless it is done right.

well nobody's forcing you to do it.  we're just saying it's probably better
for you in both the short and long run to consider it over the inferior hw
raid.

> There should be a right, or better, way to do these things. I don't want
> to experiment. I want to put the most reliable (for the money) system I
> can online.

then use an installer that supports software raid, and see what it does for
you.   or--google some information about linux raid, and spend 10 minutes
reading an intro so you understand the topic, and then see if you still feel
the same way.

	sean