Jeremy Kister on 30 May 2007 18:35:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Another Verizon Story

On 5/30/2007 11:46 AM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> The reason for removal of LD is that now Verizon charges $2.50/month for
> LD if you don't use it, which I do not. There is a one time charge of $5
> to remove it.
>
> Thought you might like to know since many use VOIP or wireless LD and
> would have this charge.

I ran into the same brain damage.  Except I was told it was a monthly
fee of $5 for not having a LD carrier.

In any case, I was actually signed up and about a week away from fios --
they already ran the conduit to my house.  I called them about the $2
charge and ended up canceling my fios install, calling comcast, and
doing the triple play.  it was just the principle.  too bad verizon has
no idea why i canceled.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./