Art Alexion on 30 May 2007 23:09:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] No more Monarch. New source for pre-build linux systems?

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 16:57, Michael C. Toren wrote:
>  I'm thinking
> about driving up there this winter to see the steam rising from the
> ground...

Very cool, but its a museum more like Ellis Island than the Franklin
Institute -- you need to visualize.  There is not much left and a lot of
grass has been planted over.  We go to Knoebell's campground and amusement
park every June with friends and always stop on the way home.  If you plan on
going, its a great combination trip.

http://www.centraliapa.com/
http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm
http://www.pahighways.com/features/centralia.html

For decades, the fire was predicted to burn, hundreds to thousands of years.
The biggest such mine fire is in China (surprise!).  This is as much a
political story as an environmental one.  Many of the residents refused to
move suspicious of a land grab.  As it turns out the fire is not expected to
last much longer.  See it while you can.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @