Doug Crompton on 14 Jun 2007 01:52:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Motherboard Compatibility

To follow up on and conclude this thread....

I purchased the Intel DQ965GF motherboard. I did some research and it
appeared there were some issues with the newer chipsets like the 956 but I
did want core 2 duo and this was a good choice being an all in one board.

Both Ubuntu and Debian Etch would not work out of the box with this board.
There are workarounds but from what I have seen on the forums there are
many different ideas on what to do to fix the problem(s).

Also in the forums it was stated that Suse 10.2 worked, so I downloaded
the 10.2 DVD and it does in fact install without a hitch and recognizes
all the HW.

In the end I felt that Suse, which I have used and liked for years, seemed
to be the most up to date. Perhaps this is just because it was a later
release. The latest Debian seems pretty recent though and I am
disappointed that the stock package did not support the board.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *