Jeff Abrahamson on 19 Jun 2007 17:00:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FS: 20" monitor

This is really interesting.  There's a much broader idea of what "or
best offer" means than I had suspected.  Perhaps we should be clearer
on this list in the future what each individual "FS" poster means.

In my case, it means "I'd like to get $300, and I've seen evidence
online that sometimes this is reasonable, but maybe it's not, and I
accept in any case that I can only sell to you guys (and maybe
craigslist), so I'll take what I can."  Even giving stuff away is
better than putting it out with the trash.

But I'm also willing to offer someone $3 for something marked $50 at a
yard sale. ;-)

Thanks for the several posts on this.  It's really helpful to
understand how broadly we interpret pricing in FS posts.

Cheers.

-Jeff

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287
 After 6/2007: +33 06 21.83.26.20     (From U.S.: 011-33-6-2183-2620)