Dan Widyono on 26 Jun 2007 17:20:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Old scanner, CD-Rs deck, and plotters free to a good home...

> Does anybody need scanner now?  I thought digital Cameras replaced it

Perhaps, but if you really care about results, you also need a stable frame
to hold the camera, remote shutter release so as not to affect the position,
proper lighting to provide even surface reflection without glare, and you'll
want to be very careful about calibrating distance, angle, colour, lighting
levels.

I'd rather get a simple $99 USB scanner that also does slides.

I do use my camera when I don't care about the results as much.

Dan W.