Antony P Joseph on 26 Jun 2007 17:30:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Old scanner, CD-Rs deck, and plotters free to a good home...

Hi
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 13:20 -0400, Dan Widyono wrote:
> > Does anybody need scanner now?  I thought digital Cameras replaced it
>
> Perhaps, but if you really care about results, you also need a stable frame
> to hold the camera, remote shutter release so as not to affect the position,
> proper lighting to provide even surface reflection without glare, and you'll
> want to be very careful about calibrating distance, angle, colour, lighting
> levels.
I think that what you provided are the advantages of the camera. You can
get different effects by changing color, angle etc..

> I'd rather get a simple $99 USB scanner that also does slides.
Theses $99 USB scanner will break down in an year because of the quality
of moving parts used.

With regards
Antony