Art Clemons on 28 Jun 2007 17:21:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux cheap printer

> i am guessing that Linux has progressed
> to a point, where just about any printer
> will be recognized/drivers installed.

That's almost true if you're willing to spend time getting your Linux
setup configured, and somewhere there is a PPD for your particular
printer.  What used to be http://linuxprinting.org has a list of printers.

One other comment, inkjets are only cheap when you buy them, if you
print a lot, you'll spend a lot more on consumables like ink cartridges
per page than you would with a cheap mono laser printer and buying the
necessary consumables as needed.  It took me a while to figure it out
but it's true.