Michael Schultheiss on 6 Jul 2007 19:14:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] hard drive recovery services?

gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> Michael Schultheiss wrote:
>> I've used Ontrack in the past and they were able to recover all of the
>> data from the dead drive.  It was an old full height SCSI drive and I
>> didn't have anything comparable to swap electronics with.
>>

> How much did it cost per MB?

I don't recall exactly.  The total cost was about $2,000 and the drive
was an old ~4GB SCSI drive.  I don't think Ontrack charges a fixed
rate per MB.  There was a charge for just looking at the drive (about
$135 or so) then a charge for the data recovery, plus a $5 charge for a
DVD to put it on.

This was back in 2002-2003 so I'm not sure what the current costs would
be.