James Barrett on 13 Jul 2007 00:08:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] aKademy 2008, The Philadelphia Konvention?

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:

While I'd love to see all sorts of people get involved, there are some who would be particularly helpful to have on board:

* Students, faculty, or others involved with the local universities
Check!

* Those with any contacts in City Hall
* Those with any contacts in local tourism or travel organisations
I was employed in a hotel downtown 7 years ago, and am still in contact with a few people I worked with.

* Anyone who has experience organising events (of any size)

Even if you aren't in one of those categories, please don't hesitate to ask, the more the merrier. Also, if you know someone who might be interested, I urge you to pass on the invitation.

I'd like to publicly express interest. I believe I could help by creating some kiosks for showcasing new KDE technologies.