Matthew Rosewarne on 12 Jul 2007 20:01:56 -0000

[PLUG] aKademy 2008, The Philadelphia Konvention?

So I've recently arrived back from my trip to aKademy 2007 (the international
KDE contributors' conference) in Glasgow.  While there, I got into a
conversation with one of the event organisers who expressed quite an interest
in holding the next conference in our fair city.  I would love to see this
happen and would be willing to lead the organisation of this event, but I
definitely cannot do it alone.  If you (or someone you know) are even curious
about getting involved, attending, or just finding out what happens, please
do contact me.  I'll be bringing this up at the next PLUG Central & MontCo
meetings, and if I hear any interest, also at the PLUG West meeting, so try
to show up if you're interested.

While I'd love to see all sorts of people get involved, there are some who
would be particularly helpful to have on board:

* Students, faculty, or others involved with the local universities
* Those with any contacts in City Hall
* Those with any contacts in local tourism or travel organisations
* Anyone who has experience organising events (of any size)

Even if you aren't in one of those categories, please don't hesitate to ask,
the more the merrier.  Also, if you know someone who might be interested, I
urge you to pass on the invitation.

Hope to hear from you,
	~Matt