Matt Ayres on 12 Jul 2007 18:49:46 -0000

[PLUG] Job Opening - Junior Systems (Linux) Administrator - Perkasie/Hilltown Area

Do you have the talent to help drive our continued success? Is problem solving and making customers happy something you enjoy? Did you just upgrade your home Linux box to the latest and greatest <insert cool software here>? Come and join our team!
We're looking for individuals who are self starters, and are familiar with or are enthusiastic about the hosting industry.

TekTonic is currently looking for capable candidates to fill a Junior Systems (Linux) Administrator position to work out of our Hilltown office. TekTonic is one of the leading hosting providers of Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and uses Virtuozzo for the underlying technology. More information on TekTonic and our services/technology used can be found at www.tektonic.net.

We are located at:
1000 E. Walnut St.
Perkasie, PA 18944

Job Description: The position is for a junior level systems administrator to support our broad base of clients, all of which have root access to their servers. You will initially be responsible for technical support for our clients via phone, live chat, and ticket system. Client's systems run a variety of Linux distributions including CentOS(RedHat), Debian, Ubuntu, and Suse. Since every customer has root access there is a lot of system administration skills that are required and this could also be considered an engineering level technical support position.

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills: Passion for learning, ability to work independently of supervision, excellent inter-personal and communication skills, the desire to be challenged on a daily basis, experience with Linux and servers/daemons (ex. LAMP - Linux Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python(and ruby too!), iptables, etc). The candidate will be required to run a Linux workstation (distro of choice, of course).

Desired skills (not required): Knowledge of at least 1 programming / scripting language.

No degree or certifications are required. Self taught candidates are welcome, as are those possessing formal degrees and certifications. There will be substantial on the job training in regards to technical and customer service skills, the ability to learn is a must.

There will be a 90 day probationary period.

Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.

Please send your resume (MS Word, HTML, text, or PDF formats will be accepted) and salary requirements to matta@tektonic.net. Successful candidates will be contacted by e-mail to schedule an interview. Salary is dependent on experience. Profit sharing is distributed via quarterly bonuses.

Starting salary is $23-28k/year depending on experience, with the possibility of a performance based raise at 90 days.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres
TekTonic