Matthew Rosewarne on 18 Jul 2007 19:04:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] aKademy 2008, The Philadelphia Konvention?

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, schwepes@netaxs.com wrote:
> > You may want to talk to the people at International House at
> > 37th and Chestnut.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > > I'm not sure how many of the lessons of worldcon are applicable to
> > > aKademy.  Worldcon was at the convention center and drew 1000s of
> > > people.  Matt says that aKademy generally draws 100-200 people, and
> > > he's looking to host it at a local university.
> > >
> > > In other words, it's a significantly smaller undertaking.

True, it's far smaller affair, but many of the preparations tasks are the
same.

Yeah, I had expected to be doing a great deal of legwork and handshaking, as
well as waiting in lines.  Hopefully I'll be able to do a large portion of it
so that the other team members, who may not have quite as much free time. can
do more palatable things.  Thanks for the advice, the more I learn from other
organisers, the more pitfalls I can avoid.