Antony P Joseph on 15 Aug 2007 13:54:58 -0000

[PLUG] web page classifiers

Hi

   I have around 8000 web pages to classify as either "promising" or
"not promising" just like spamassassin classifying emails into either
"spam" or "ham". I am planning to use dbacl "package" that comes with
Ubuntu Linux.

http://dbacl.sourceforge.net/

 I am willing to teach the package around 600-1000 web pages as either
"promising" or "not promising".

   One of my friend asked me to check on text classifiers based on
support vector machines (SVM) instead of Bayesian filters like
spamassassin or dbacl. I am not able to find a suitable one for Linux.

   If anybody has any experience, please let me know.

TIA
With regards
Antony