edack on 22 Aug 2007 21:02:33 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Beginners Guide to Linux

ALl I did for my kids was make sure that they could surf (Opera), Write school papers (OO), IM friends (Gaim), and email (Squirrelmail). That solved 95% of what they wanted to do. Just make sure the icons are on the desktop. Everyone has there own login, email account and there is public directory on the house server so they can access stuff from anywhere. No training required, I just gave them their login names and initial password. I have done the same thing for a non-profit for a public access PC. Minimal training required, I just told them what the new icons meant (OO Write means MS Word)

--
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned

---
Ed Ackerman                    |  It is impossible to make anything
#include <std.disclaimer>      |  foolproof, since fools are
edack@kengel.com               |  so ingenious.
---
My own 128 bit Integer  BA C0 28 75 C8 3C 00 EB 58 88 4F 20 10 27 6E 17
Thanks AACS