Marty Skitch on 23 Aug 2007 12:53:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Why isn't vmware free anymore?

If you could clear up something for me I would appreciate it.  I under stand that Player lets you run a virtual machine that you can download from numerous sources but I'm not sure what the Server does for me.  Is that installed as the base OS on a box and than you run virtual machines inside of it?
TIA
    Marty

David Kuntz wrote:
Mag,
As far as I can remember VMWare Workstation was always a limited time trial.
VMWare Server is free to use as is VMWare Player, with the usual "free
as in beer, YMMV, read the license, etc." caveats.
David