kamiza103 on 13 Sep 2007 08:37:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FCC Says Analog TV Lives Until 2012

I would think that existing customers would still be provided with analog signals, but new customers would be forced into digital along with the higher pricing.  That would make the cable service seem courteous while it patiently waits for the last fraction of its profits to start flowing.  Eventually g-mom and g-pop will have to go digital.  As for me, I don't really care as long as it doesn't cost a lot.  I barely watch TV.

JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
Well, so much for the 2009 "deadline..." :-)

FCC Says Analog TV Lives Until 2012
Posted by samzenpus on Wednesday September 12, @11:48PM
from the and-flip-books-for-another-5-years dept.
Television
walterbays writes ""The FCC voted 5-0 to require that cable operators
must continue to make all local broadcasts available to their users,
even those with analog televisions." I don't understand how AT&T manages
to deliver U-verse without any analog channels. Did they get it
classified as not-cable and exempt from existing rules? Or as a result
of this vote, will they suddenly have to drop 50 SD channels to make
room for 5 NTSC channels?"
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070912-fcc-to-cable-you-must-support-analog-tvs-until-2012.html

--
Later,