Elizabeth Bevilacqua on 13 Sep 2007 09:50:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] September 15, 2007: Special Event: Software Freedom Day @ PACS

On 9/12/07, Matt Mossholder <matt@mossholder.com> wrote:
> Do you know who to contact at PACS about the SFD page they link to? The
> page doesn't have the TIMES posted, which had me thinking this was
> starting at 8am (the "regular" PACS schedule, I believe).
>
> It would be good to have the times on the page so people show up at the
> right time...

PACS is running it's normal schedule (probably why time isn't listed),
so it does start at 8AM. I chose 10AM for PLUG to show up so people
don't get there at 8AM and spend a bunch of time standing around
sorting out who they should be talking to and where to set up before
other people show up.

My plan is that 10AM time gives those of us organizing it all plenty
of time to set up an infrastructure for getting people situated up so
no one feels too lost. Also, 10AM-3PM is already a 5 hour day, with
the most important slot being 1-2PM, extending it to 7 seemed like it
might be a bit much.

All that said, you're welcome to show up at 8AM when PACS begins, just
keep these things in mind :)

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com