Michael Bevilacqua on 18 Sep 2007 13:54:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Thanks for your support!

On 9/17/07, jim fisher <jedijf@myfisher.org> wrote:
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone at PLUG and specifically James, Matt, Lyz, and Michael for their demonstrations at the Software Freedom Day event at PACS.

You really helped to make the day a success.

It's great for the local Linux community to get together, whether it be socially, or for a formal 'techy' event.  I hope to work with  all of you again in the very near future.

jim fisher
]edijf

irc freenode  #ubuntu-pennsylvania

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
  --  Jedi Master Yoda

Thanks, Jim. And a good part of the success of the event was also achieved by the ability of the people, namely yourself, that helped in organizing it. I was saying to Elizabeth on the way back to Schwenksville that I was very happy with the event and the way it turned out. It was refreshing to be around a different set of users. Some Linux, some Win32, some Mac. All with different perspectives and all, at least the ones that came by our table, with equal curiosity as to how we were achieving such a quality end result with freely distributable software.

Giving out Audacity and the other bundled Win32 software on CD-Rom was a real treat. I have to thank whomever did that for us.

The day sparked some great audio engineering conversations as well spawned from my Audacity demonstrations. These are tangents I can't ever get enough of. It was a good day.

Thanks again.

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us