Brent Saner on 18 Sep 2007 17:19:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] personal finance application

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] personal finance application
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:19:15 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=RAfpjxQCiH/xYhOl9Vo56rynf0y7taO4gciPC26DNso=; b=HLLQjaUmqKFnMkX2KGLdetKJtVpUlHtkzqlCXZ5I6T6MkP8jJv2lLLBEmsBaCy9QSv41dX/E2jKIEbrd/HJn9QBtl0DAZ2hTRXJrdecyRH1pQDgJjAAzt/qpshiFxJv3L67Y794xIVKfGCpGOu/6ICDbSbxbOse/lepRhrPIIWc=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

i think it hasn't been done because of possible security reasons...

you could always keep a cygwin install and putty on a cd or usb flash and then use that when you want to check it from other places to ssh in and forward the X session for the program...
or carry around a knoppix disc for the same purpose (the preferred method, since it'd be more secure)

or set up nomachine on the box and carry the client around on a USB...
etc.

On 9/18/07, Colin A. Bartlett <plug@colinabartlett.com> wrote:
Chad Vogelsong wrote:
> If anybody has other suggestions, I would be happy to add it to the list.
I use Buddi on OS X but it can be run on Linux. License is GPL. It's
very, very basic. But works for what I need it to.

I'd love to find a web-based one so my wife and I can both use it from
anywhere. But haven't found such a thing yet.

Colin

Brent Saner
215.264.0112 (cell)
215.362.7696(residence)