kamiza103 on 19 Sep 2007 11:09:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptraf and a replacement for top

I am running iptraf.  For some reason it shows 7 MAC addresses for one interface.  ATH0  Traffic on three of them.  One is just ffffffffffff.  What's up with that?  (It's a wireless card.)

Eric <eric@lucii.org> wrote:
I was just shown iptraf over the weekend and it seems like a very useful program
for network analysis and monitoring from the console. I wish I'd heard of it
before now.

Does anybody know of a similar useful console based program to look at the state
of the operating system? I'm thinking something like "top" but with a better
looking interface. What do the wizard sysadmins use? :-)

Eric
--
# Eric Lucas
#